Mission, Vision and Beliefs
The mission of the Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers' Society is to:
P - Promote the profession of athletic training through public awareness and education.
A - Advocate the athletic trainer as recognized health care providers through continual legislative pursuits and stakeholder relationships.
T - Transact business on behalf of the Society’s membership in a prudent, effective, and collaborative manner.
S - Serve the membership by providing educational, research, scholarship, leadership, and networking opportunities.
The Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers' Society is a progressive organization of health care professionals who work under the direction of a licensed physician. Llicensed Athletic Trainers working in the Commonwealth protect and enhance the health and welfare of our clients through prevention, recognition, management, and rehabilitation of injuries. Further, the society's vision is to continue to promote our profession and to serve the needs of the membership.
The Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers' Society believes that the strength of this society is derived from the membership and the values we uphold. These values include:
- Possessing a deep passion for the athletic training profession
- Holding athletic training to the highest professional standards by practicing moral and ethical behaviors
- Encouraging the continuous improvement and advancement of the athletic training profession
- Demonstrating empathy for our clients
- Delivering current, quality, and evidence based health care
- Valuing a strong sense of family, both personally and professionally
- Recognizing and respecting diversity
- Serving as a resource for the public
- Valuing camaraderie and collaboration
- Exhibiting adaptive, flexible, and creative solutions